Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Elderly Challenge

Although I didn't interview or go outdoors to observe some elderly, I did visit my own grandparents in Malaysia.

Observation 1 - When my grandmother was trying to pour a kettle containing hot water, her hands were shivering. When the elderly get on with age, their muscles and bones weaken thus having less strength.

Observation 2 - Nearing bedtime, my grandpa would always grip the railing with two hands while walking up. Since our grandparents muscles and bones have weakened, their walking stability would have decreased. They would need support from other objects.

Observation 3 - My grandfather would usually need spectacles when reading the newspaper or he would squint his eyes when watching television. Their vision becomes very poor when they get older.

Jonathan Then

No comments:

Post a Comment